HOW DO WE CARE THEM?
• After assessment of the current condition, a proper care plan is prepared.
• Allocation of an experienced caregiver or bystander to assist the patient in the hospital or at home.
• Enables a detailed assessment by doctors and therapists if required.
• Careful monitoring and weekly assessments.
• Review and modification of the care plan.
• A caregiver will be keen on providing mental support to the patient.
BENEFITS OF PHYSIOTHERAPY POST-COVID
• Increase exercise tolerance and reduce oxygen dependency.
• Diaphragmatic breathing and lung expansion training are mandatory soon after covid, especially for the elderly.
• During covid, the blood circulation in the patient’s body will be less therefore it’s important to improve circulation and oxygen levels.
• Assistance in CPAP / BiPAP management
• Physiotherapy care helps covid patients in oxygen-carbon dioxide exchange and improve lung capacity.
• When affected with covid, secretions occur in the lungs largely, physiotherapy prevents further accumulation of lung secretions.
• Strength and endurance training of respiratory muscles
• Diaphragmatic breathing and costal expansion training.